The social model is designed for individuals who need supervision and activities but not extensive personal care or medical monitoring in their home.
The Kensington Clubs focus is on the strengths and abilities of club members. Activities are planned online to create a safe, caring, and supportive atmosphere.
The Club Applicant:
- Must have a medical diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or early-stage memory loss
- Must not be in denial of their diagnosis
- Must have a laptop, computer or tablet with a webcam and microphone, (or accessory webcam) and have a reliable internet connection
- Must have attention span for a 30-minute program on a screen
- Must be able to communicate and have a desire to socialize with friends
Earlier intervention means a better quality of life. Our program packages provide opportunities for social engagement and support while promoting brain health and stimulation. We offer needed structure in the day.
The Club also offers camaraderie in an environment of acceptance. Club programs draw from individual interests and focus on maximizing skills for those with early-stage memory loss.